adventures of beck

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

NC Wildlife

On my bike ride I found a deer antler. I brought it home for Sonar to smell, and she enjoyed it.

These frogs are BIG! I never saw the one in the background when I snapped the photo, that's how well it was camoflaged. I only thought I was photographing one frog! Imagine my surprise once I uploaded to my laptop!

This is a fireant nest *shudder*. These guys move very quick.

In a land of geckos, snakes, and big frogs... I totally thought this was a real living thing when I first spotted it. But rather than being a tiny holdover from the Jurassic period, it's of course just a toy Triceratops, who's had one too many run ins with the family dog, looks like. I picked him up and he was missing feet in addition to his horns. And part of his tail. I guess he was out exploring with whoever his owner is... and decided just to stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home